No new comic today…
It feels like I should post actual words on here once in a while, rather than just comics. So, in the interest of words – thanks, Words, for all you’ve done for me – it’s time for another link roundup. Here’s what I’ve been reading while bidding farewell to Old Man Summer.
- Raise your hand if you have been personally victimized by Timehop or the Regina Georges of the world. (Sexist superheroes to the rescue?)
- Speaking of being victimized, I’m sending this one out to all the single ladies.
- This post and this quote are everything: “You hear that, Joe? I can’t understand poetry because I haven’t had children!”
- Really want to understand poetry but worried your biological clock isn’t working right? Make your own!
- I suspect that this product was created by a character from a daytime soap (RIP, Passions). Kind of handy if you want to get people off your back about procreating (or just want an excuse to stay home and watch Netflix).
- After all, science says being a mom makes you a better dancer and that when you give birth you can suddenly play the cello (unless your fake baby is evil).
- A word of caution though – if you take your fake baby to Target you might not know what toys to buy.
- Or just forget the fake baby thing and take some newborn photos with your puppy. #LifeGoals
- Also, in comics-related news, I loved this and this and this. I’m also totally fangirling over The Petri Dish, Pirate Mike, Nameless PCs, and Bug Martini.
Finally, in the BIG NEWS department, I just have to share – Biological Clockie was recently featured in an episode of the Wellness Unlocked podcast from Third Space Wellness! I’m super flattered – and I super think you should check it out.
So, friends… it’s been a little over a month. I’d love to hear your thoughts about Clockie so far. Do you want to punch Clockie? Do you want to punch me for bringing her into your life?
Anyway, although a picture is worth a thousand words, I thought I’d occasionally also share some actual words. Over on the Biological Clockie Facebook page (and on Twitter too), you can find new comics, of course… but you can also find lots of other stuff. (So, maybe you should follow? Just a thought.)
Today, I’m rounding up some of the stuff that’s caught my eye over the past month. Not feeling productive? Let the time wasting begin!
- Every single time a young person doesn’t get my pop culture references (or my other references), I die a little inside. No joke. (And then, I need one of these.)
- Don’t be down, though. It’ll be okay. No, really… if Clockie’s psychological warfare’s got you down, take two of these and call me in the morning.
- In comics-related news, please allow me to introduce you to a few favorites: The Adventures of Gyno-Star, Diesel Sweeties, and Cyanide & Happiness.
- You need to follow this account on Instagram. Trust me.
- Do it for your country, ladies. (Grease 2. No shame.)
- I kind of wish The Abandoned-Spinster Club was a real show so that we could start a Biological Clockie TV Club – you know she’d recap the heck out of a show like that.
- A Bond girl in her 50s? Hell, yes.
- Fellow women, can I, like, get an amen?
- Do you have a friend without kids? Slow your roll before you assume that they hate kids or don’t want any, mmmm’kay?
- Also, whether you have/want kids or not, I’m pretty sure this video will make you laugh.
- He’s clearly not talking about these totally chill kids though.
- These reviews of children’s books are pure gold, Jerry.
Finally, I’d like to wrap this up on a slightly more serious note. I know that some of you might be laughing (or attempting to laugh) at Clockie through tears. So, I’m sharing this one especially for you – always know that Team Clockie’s got your back (even if our titular timepiece is pretty terrible).
See you for more Clockie on Thursday!